Thursday, July 23, 2009

Storm Glass (Glass series book 1)

by Maria V. Snyder.

My friend and I chose this book as our stitching book while in Maine for a few days. It's a 12 hour "read" and brought back a bunch of very much loved characters from her Study series which we both loved (and I've read twice).

The story was great, I loved the characters as usual. The reader however was HORRIBLE. She mis-pronounced things - almost every single thing she could mis-pronounce. Plus her reading style didn't fit well with the character, the character is kind of young and naive and the reader made every phrase sound like something exciting was happening. Part of the problem is that Gabra Zackman is an awesome reader and she narrated the Study series so I think I was missing her most of all.

After listening to this book I immediately had the need to start up Poison Study again and re-listen to this trilogy. Especially while I wait for the next Opal book to come out - September - not a long wait!!!

No comments: