Thursday, July 23, 2009

Poison Study (Study book 1)

by Maria V. Snyder.
Ahhhh - like comfort food. I jumped into this right after Opal's adventures in Storm Glass and boy am I glad. It made my 4 1/2 hour drive back from Maine fly and I finished this last night while stitching after work. It makes me want to stitch!

Good old Yelena as the food taster for the commander of Ixia. She's been through so much, she's such a strong character and she becomes stronger throughout the book, even falling in love. I really love this book and could read it over and over. There are only a few books I have that are like that.

So this is finished and I've already started the second (Magic Study) on the drive in to work this morning. Plus I read the short story Assassin Study that's on Maria V. Snyder's webpage and is a story of Valek that follows just after Poison Study, that's a fun adventure.

No comments: