Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Marked (House of Night book 1)

by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast.

A new series I found on audible - it's a teenage vampire series and after reading chapter 1 online I immediately scooped up this book (july 2nd) and started right in on it.

The concept is of a vampire finishing schools. Vampires are not created in the traditional sense but instead are "marked" as teenagers when the "change" naturally starts to occur in the few chosen ones (chosen by the Goddess or some unknown genetic mutation?). Once marked they go to live at the finishing school to be among other Vampires and Vampire fledglings during their 4 year transition to become a true vampire (or end up dead if their body rejects the change).

In this first book we follow the main character Zoey as she gets marked and then goes to the finishing school where she finds out how special she is and starts to learn about her powers (she's been gifted by the goddess).

On thing about this book is that the author decided to spell Vampire as Vampyre which is annoying, luckily since I'm listening not reading these I don't get annoyed (sounds the same). I did order the first 4 books of this series to have in paperback (mostly so I could share this series with other people) but that word is definitely going to throw me off!

No comments: