Monday, November 16, 2015

Kindle Unlimited Reads

It's been years since I posted but I'd like to get back into recording what I've read.  I'll start with some catch up posts.

This first post is going to list out books I've read through Kindle Unlimited (amazon) - as I've found a couple of good series through that!

Sept, Oct, Nov 2014
Kathryn Le Veque : (Medieval romances)
   Netherworld : Ancient Kings of Anglecynn : A knight is 'given' a property along with a 'wife' who has an abusive brother
   Archangel : The de Lohr Dynasty : Interesting twist with a mother who is married to a horrible man
   Dragonblad : Book two of dragonblade series : Illegitimate son, protecting his half brother and finding romance

Dec 2014 - Feb 2015
Bella Forrest : A Shade of Vampire Series:
   1. A Shade of Vampire
   2. A Shade of Blood
   3. A Castle of Sand
   4. A Shadow of Light
   5. A Blaze of Sun
   6. A Gate of Night
   7. A Break of Day
   8. A Shade of Novak
   9. A Bond of Blood
   A Shade of Kiev
   A Shade of Kiev 2
   A Shade of Kiev 3

I really enjoyed this series - it's a bit of a different take on vampires, young adult and lots of darkness.  A strong female heroine and lots of different relationships that develop (friendships as well as romantic).   Evidently there are 18 books total so I guess I have some new ones to catch up on!!!

Debora Geary books are on Kindle Unlimited, some I had read previously (purchased them) but I finished up some on Unlimited so I'll list the newer ones here - I LOVE these books/characters!
6. A Celtic Witch
7. A Lost Witch
A Witch Central Wedding (novella)
Swordfights & Lullabies (novella)An Imperfect Witch (book 1 of witch central)
An Unlikely Witch (book 2)
A Dangerous Witch (book 3)

Aug 2015
Sarah Fine : Guards of the Shadowlands Series
  1. Sanctum
  2. Fractured
  3. Chaos
  Captive : A Guards Tale
  Vigilante : A Guards Tale
  Stories from the Shadowlands

This series is awesome - it's a new take on death/afterlife.  Another young adult, I loved the main character and the character relationships that develop.  It was extremely well done and thought provoking! Another one that's a bit on the dark side.

Sarah Fine : Servants of Fate Series
  1. Marked
  2. Claimed
  3. Fated [NOTE : Just came out - haven't read this one yet!]

A different series (same author) with another look at the afterlife, the servants of fate help people cross over to their final destination.  Set in a futuristic Boston, Sarah Fine is great at developing relationships between characters and keeping you intrigued.

Jaymin Eve : Supernatural Prison Series
   1. Dragon Marked
   2. Dragon Mystics

A short series so far but it's intriguing and I found another young adult author that can write a good supernatural book with character development.  This one focuses on shape shifters and of course saving the world :)  Added bonus- there are dragons!

Jaymin Eve : A Walker Saga
  1.  First World
  2. Spurn
  3. Crais
  4. Regali
  5. Nephilius (this is the book I'm on - there are 2 more next)

This is her first series, another young adult - amazing character development and very intriguing plot line.  This is a sci-fi/supernatural/distopian (kind of).  So far I'm only mid way through but I've loved each book so far!

So I've loved Kindle Unlimited and mostly only break from it when a book by one of my favorite authors comes out, I take a break and read that and get back to these - mostly young adult series!



 

No comments: