Monday, November 16, 2015

Other Kindle Books Catch up part 1

I'm going through my Kindle Library history and writing down any that I've read in the last almost 2 years since I last posted!  I'll put any details I remember (favorites for example):

Madeline Hunter : Fairbourne Quartet
  The Surrender of Miss Fairbourne
  The Conquest of Lady Cassandra
  The Counterfeit Mistress
  The Accidental Duchess

Madeline Hunter is always a nice light victorian era romance read for me so I always scoop them up as they come out!

Madeline Hunter:   Dangerous in Diamonds

Madeline Hunter : Wicked Trilogy
  1. His Wicked Reputation
  2. Tall, Dark and Wicked
 Waiting on third.  This is 3 brothers finding love, the third I assume will be the Duke, the first was the illegitimate brother, this was the second brother (lawyer). Always fun to read victorian era romance :)

Kiera Cass
  The Selection , The Elite, The One, The Prince (novella), The Guard (novella)

A young adult series, distopian future where people are forced into castes ruled by a king/queen (mostly king) and the prince chooses his future queen using a 'game' called the Selection.  I enjoyed this series, I don't love the love triangle that a lot of books (young adult romance anyway) have but there was a lot to this series and I enjoyed it thoroughly!

Kiera Cass :   The Siren
 A separate book, standalone about a siren and the challenges of being one.  A young adult book I did enjoy this one quite a bit!

Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl : Beautiful Creatures series
  Beautiful Creatures, Beautiful Darkness, Beautiful Chaos, Beautiful Redemption, Dream Dark

A young adult series with magic and intrigue and some very interesting characters.  This was a bit dark but I enjoyed it  and it got me looking for others similar.  I know they made a movie out of the first (or inspired) but I have not seen it.

Maria V Snyder
  Inside Out\Outside In : A standalone/2 part book that I really enjoyed - takes place in another world and I loved the characters and adventure!

  Shadow Study - Some more of the characters we love from the study series but not my favorite because the characters are separated AGAIN.  It does give some good information and Yelena stripped of her powers has some mystery to solve and has to rely on others and her other strengths which have dwindled quite a bit since she learned her magic!

  1. Touch of Power (Healer Series)
  2. Scent of Magic
  3. Taste of Darkness

I loved her Healer series - it reminded me a lot of poison study (study series), the characters I just fell in love with.   It was a bit of a heart wrencher, I wasn't sure where she was going to go with it all but I really did enjoy it.  It doesn't surpass my love for the study series which I have now read I think 4 times but I did enjoy it and I may read it again some time!
 
Debora Geary
   To Love a Witch (nibble)
   Matchmakers 2.0 (nibble)
   Feathers (morsel)
Fun light reads!

Jeaniene Frost
  Once Burned : A Night Prince Novel (1)
  Twice Tempted : A Night Prince Novel (2)
  Bound By Flames : A Night Prince Novel (3)
These are a trilogy about the night prince (dracula) set in the same time with the same characters as her night huntress series so of course I loved these!

  Night's Dark Embrace : A novella set completely in a different world and I'll have to re-read this as I don't think I remember it truly!

CE Murphy
  No Dominion (Walker Papers)
     This is part of the same series but from Gary's point of view, I don't remember this unfortunately but love her books in general!

Amanda Quick :
  The Mystery Woman : Ladies of Lantern Street Series (2)
     This is one of her series where she does one in the past (Amanda Quick, one present and one future - so by her other pen names).  I am faithful and read them all !

  Otherwise Engaged : I don't remember this one but I always enjoy a good Amanda Quick :)

Mary Balogh : Survivors Club Series
 1. The Proposal
 2. The Suitor
 3. The Arrangement
 4. The Escape
 5. Only Enchanting
 6. Only a Promise
 7. Only a Kiss

I enjoy this series a lot, the characters are all tied together (survivors) and finding love as well as becoming whole again.  A victorian era romance, this is always a nice light read for me!

Mary Balogh : A Counterfeit Betrothal/ The Notorious Rake
 Victoria era romance, i don't remember much about these specifically but I always enjoy her writing.

Julie Klassen :
 The Tutor's Daughter :
        A classic Julie Klassen in my mind, mystery and intrigue with some romance.

 The Dancing Master :
      Not my favorite of hers but enjoyable.  The big mystery just wasn't that 'big' and the scandal I felt was a bit over stated.  I will continue to read hers but this one didn't stand out as my favorite of hers.

  The Secret of Pembrooke Park :
       A bit more mystery to this one and closer to what I'm used to by her I enjoyed this one quite a bit!




No comments: