Monday, November 16, 2015

Kindle Book Catch Up Part 2

I have to break these up because I get too many labels which is how I organize them easily for searching (by author or series).  Here are some newer authors I've read in the past few years ... found some great ones!

Delle Jacobs
  Loki's Daughters
     Set in viking time
  Faerie
     Half human/half faerie female heroine
  Fire Dance
     Heroine disguises herself as a servant
  Lady Wicked

Delle Jacobs work is a bit different, all of them set in the past (from viking to victorian era) with some interesting twists.  I enjoyed these individual books quite a bit.

J.T. Geissinger (Night Prowler series)
 1. Shadow's Edge
 2. Edge of Oblivion
 3. Rapture's Edge
 4. Edge of Darkness
 5. Darkness Bound
 6. Into Darkness [Not read yet!]

This shape shifter series is about Ikati- they shift into panthers (or air) and it's a thrilling adventure in each book.  So far I've enjoyed them all.

J.T. Geissinger : The Last Vampire (short)
 I found this story very intriguing and highly recommend it.

Veronica Roth (Divergent Trilogy)
 1. Divergent
 2. Insurgent
 3. Allegient
 I picked up this trilogy after seeing it would be a movie - and I loved it.  Distopian young adult is one of my favorite genres and I really liked this.  The endings were tough but real and I enjoyed them!

Susan Ee
 1. Angelfall : Penryn & End of Days
 2 World After : Penryn & End of Days
Dark - this series is dark and intriguing.  Angels and monsters and an awesome heroine.  Young adult distopian - yup that's pretty much all I read :)

Ally Condie
  1. Matched
  2. Crossed
  3. Reached

Another young adult distopian novel - humans are paired/matched at a certain age and Cassie starts with a glitch- 2 matches.  Adventure starts and humans are fighting back.  I love it and loved this!

Jodi Meadows : Incarnate Series
 1. Incarnate
 2. Asunder
 3. Infinite
This trilogy was very unique - what if souls were continuously reincarnated... and then one time a new soul is born - and one is lost - because the same number of souls always exists at once.  Was it a blip, a mistake or something more.  This is the story of that new soul and her adventures.  I really loved this series!

Lauren Oliver : Delirium Series
 1. Delierium
 2. Pandemonium [Started not finished]

This 4 book series is right up my alley (young adult distopian) but for some reason after starting the second I couldn't continue.  I really liked the first and maybe I'll pick it up sometime in the future.


No comments: