Monday, February 27, 2012

The Iron Knight (Iron Fae book 6 - final)

by Julie Kagawa.

The final book (well for this series anyway). Let me first say - that I did like the ending of Iron Queen, for a trilogy it had kind of an epic ending - very Fae - perfect you could say. However due to pressure from her editors because people really like Happily Ever After endings she went on to write this essentially epilogue from Ash's point of view.

This book did more than just complete the story though, it really resolved a lot between Puck and Ash and gave a lot of the history that is between them. All the characters really grew and it was a nice adventure with a good group of Fae. Parts were sad, parts were nerve wracking but because I can't handle suspense I made sure and read the spoilers so I'd know how it turned out - I HATE suspense, especially if I'm reading at night, I won't stop reading otherwise and then I'm up half the night.

So instead I got 3 good nights/mornings of reading in and finished up this wonderful series. I'm so glad I read this series, I loved the worlds and the characters and I thought the author did a wonderful job with a unique (yet not new) world of the Fae. She didn't sugar coat anything and I thought it wonderfully done. I would definitely recommend this series and hopefully I haven't given too much away about it so that it's still enjoyable.

No comments: