Monday, February 20, 2012

Iron Daughter (Iron Fae book 3)

by Julie Kagawa.

I really loved this one in the series. Lots of questions were resolved. While the beginning was kind of slow and I didn't see where it was all going it soon picked up and adventure ensued.

It starts with Meghan at the winter court dealing with her feelings for prince Ash who won't acknowledge her (you are beating your head against the wall because he warned her that he couldn't acknowledge his feelings for her but of course she starts doubting them etc. - teenage angst).

Then an event occurs that throws the Unseelie Court against the Seelie Court (they are always looking for a reason) and Meghan must intervene with the help of her friends again to save the Fae world as they know it from the Iron Fae (again). She learns some new tricks and becomes a bit braver I thought which made this book very interesting.

We also meet a bunch of new characters (although some don't last long) including the self proclaimed queen of the mis-fits who was exhiled by Queen Titania. I personally love the historical fairy references myself :)

I really loved how this one wrapped up and was quite content but I know the story continues and the battle with the Iron Fae is not over yet.

No comments: