Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Blood Born (Vampire book 1)

by Linda Howard and Linda Winstead Jones.

This is the start of a new series, so far only the first book is out. I have mixed feelings on this one, now that it's finished I can say I REALLY liked it a lot and I can't wait for a second! However the first half was very slow with a lot of new stuff to 'learn'. I wasn't sure at the time if I was going to like it or not.

Another problem was that the first few chapters were from the perspective of different characters - who then died in that chapter. So it took a while to get to the main characters (there was a reason for all of that but it was confusing at first).

This is yet another Vampire story with a few small twists and some interesting concepts. In the end I really loved the characters and the story and the second half was quite gripping.

No comments: