Sunday, August 2, 2009

Magic Study (Study book 2)

by Maria V. Snyder.

Another OLD FAVORITE! I started this immediately after finishing Poison Study. Magic Study, while it technically has less of Yelena's friends (Valek, Ari and Jenko), the relationships have filled out more so when they are in it the scenes are more exciting. They're also in it a lot more than I remembered them being in it.

While Poison Study is still my favorite, I really love this one too. Fire Study, the last is a great ending but it has this sense of doom and gloom about it. Magic Study is a great middle ground, plenty of happy times and a sense that things will go well (instead of not so well).

I finished this up on the drive down to my sister's house, then started up Fire Study on the drive back home.

No comments: