Monday, March 12, 2012

Lament: The Fairie Queen's Deception

by Maggie Stiefvater.

A new fairie book that was on sale one day for cheap on kindle so I purchased it. I loved it! This one is kind of a traditional fairie book, one where you don't speak of the fairies and therefore don't learn much about their world. It's about a young girl Dee who is very special and a young (man? or fairie? or what) Luke who is intrigued by Dee.

I won't give more than that away by stating what it's really about but it goes through some very interesting fairie lore. Dee caught the fairie's interest due to her music (she plays the harp) and I thought the story really was wonderful.

Dee's best friend James Morgan has a companion novel 'Ballad' which I'm reading now. Dee still makes appearances in Ballad but it's not a sequel. I'm enjoying this 'world' and these characters but I know there are only the 2 books unfortunately.

No comments: