Monday, March 12, 2012

Ballad: A Gathering of Fairie

by Maggie Stiefvater.

The companion novel to Lament. This story takes place just after Lament when James is now at the Thornking-Ash school (for gifted students?) and meets Nuala a fairie who can make James even more exceptional at his music (bagpipes) in exchange for siphoning years off the end of his life.

While it's not a sequal to Lament (it doesn't follow the original 2 characters at all), it definitely continues the story from a fairie political point of view. Just like Lament, there is plenty of danger and action to keep the interest high and I finished this one very quickly (2 nights?). I thought it was a great companion book and I highly recommend both of these books. I do hope or wish that the author would write a third book sometime in the future because I feel that there is more to Dee's story as she has not met her potential in the least yet.

No comments: