Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Three Cups of Tea

by Greg Mortenson & David Oliver.

I started this book Sunday, it's a true story about the work Greg Mortenson has done in Northern Pakistan, creating schools for children. I'm only in the beginning but I'm enjoying it so far, the writer does a good job jumping around a bit to keep it interesting. I may get interrupted to read something lighter in the middle but so far it's great bedtime reading!


I finished this around the beginning of April and immediately recommended it to my fiance. The book is great, slow in the beginning, I almost put it down at one point but it really picked up in the second half.

What got really interesting is how Greg Mortenson was in Pakistan near the Afghan border during 9/11. His fight against terrorism from an educational point of view is amazing and I whole heartedly agreed with everything he had to say in this book and I wish everyone would read this book. I highly recommend it!

My fiance is about halfway through and he's enjoying it so far!

No comments: