Monday, March 10, 2008

Garden Spells

by Sarah Addison Allen.

This book is awesome. It falls under the same category that I would put Like Water for Chocolate. Some mystique, some magic, some love, some loss. Great character development and so much fun with a touch of magic throughout.

I picked this up as a new start Friday night, planning to get a good hour before bed in. Next thing I know it's almost 2am and I decided I couldn't put it down until I finished it (4am) so it's another 5 hour read! I was enchanted and fell in love with the characters. It was extremely satisfying!

Next up I started Jodi Picoult's newest book "Change of Heart" last night and got a good 4 hours into it - not even halfway yet! It's very good, I'm not sure where it's going to go, whenever I read her books they feel predictable, like I can't be satisfied because I just know how it will end but she ALWAYS surprises me so I hold on. Generally it's not a sacrifice since the characters are so well done, this is no different. Of course all these late nights and my head is mad at me (read: Migraine) so today has not been fun trying to work!

No comments: