Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan

by Lisa See.

This was an excellent book. It really captured my attention and made me feel like I knew the characters. It was rich in characters for that matter, as well as chinese history. I love books that have some history in them with good characters and this was truly one of those books.

I've already loaned this out with high recommendations I loved it so much :)

I also found the friendship trials and tribulations very easy to relate to. As a young girl I had a very best friend, we did everything together. As we went away to college, we stayed close - sometimes not as close but close none-the-less. Then as we continued to grow and mature and our lives changed, we grew a little more distant. We stay in touch but it's usually for bigger events (new love/love lost etc).

I do see in the future after life has settled and slowed down that we'll become close again. This is very similar to the friendship of a lao-tong as described in this book. It was very easy to relate to and all the more enjoyable because of it.

No comments: