Friday, October 26, 2007

Dead until Dark

by Charlaine Harris

These books should come with a warning! OMG!

So a very close friend loaned me the first 4 in the Sookie Stackhouse series, I read a few pages that first night and it was a winner but I was able to put it down and go to sleep. Then last night at 11, I had just finished working and decided I would read a bit to distract myself before bed (so i don't dream about work all night)... BIG MISTAKE. I couldn't put this book down, AT ALL! I hardly wanted to tear myself to pour some water at 2AM!!!! when my throat was parched.

Finally I finished the book at 4am! And then I could hardly sleep because I wanted to start the second... very very bad.

These books are ADDICTING. I can not say that enough, they are great, the characters are so much fun. It's fantasy but people are still people and are realistic so it's easy to relate to. It's got vampires and the main character is telepathic. I won't give away more than that but what a GREAT book.

So now i'm seeing how long i can put off starting number 2... I may have to just read a chapter or 2 really quick :)

No comments: