Friday, February 19, 2010

River God

by Wilbur Smith.

This was a re-read for me, i listened to it a long time ago so i knew what was going to happen but had forgotten the details and it's so very enjoyable to read! It took forever to get through it because my ability to listen to my ipod in the car stopped for about a month but now that i fixed that problem i finished it right up!

The point of re-reading this was to then read Warlock and his other books but I'm taking a quick detour to read some books that came out recently that I've been waiting to listen to.

This book goes through a period of Egypts history, from the point of view of a slave (a very special slave). There is love, there is loss, there is war, there is adventure. It's hightly entertaining to listen to. There are some parts, particularly in the first half of the book that are VERY gruesome and difficult to listen to but otherwise the book is great.

No comments: