Monday, January 23, 2012

My (not so) Storybook Life

by Elizabeth Owen.

I got this as a Christmas gift off my wishlist on Kindle and it's a book of friendship. It's an interesting take on life and friendship as you navigate through something like cancer (her best friend gets cancer).

It was a quick read and enjoyable. It's focused a lot of faith and God but not so much that it turned me off (and I'm not Christian). I liked it for the interpersonal relationships and it moved along nicely. It also gave some funny stories about being a homeowner/newly wed/dog owner. I liked the little shorts that took from common stories and made the characters go through more realistic life problems.
I would recommend this as a quick read if you have the time, makes you think about life a bit and if you are religious in any way this is probably inspirational.

No comments: