Monday, January 23, 2012

Love, Come to Me

by Lisa Kleypas.

I got this one for Christmas from my mom and as soon as I needed a kindle break i pulled this one out.

This is a civil war era romance that Lisa Kleypas wrote when she was young (her first novel maybe?) and she is finally releasing it. It takes place just after the civil war up in Concord, MA and definitely brings up the politics of the time which I found very interesting.

All in all I really liked the book, it wasn't as predictable as usual which kept me reading till the very end quickly. There was one part in the middle that I really didn't like (an act of dominance/force) which really didn't seem necessary and quite frankly almost out of character considering the rest of the book. There was definitely an interesting side relationship going on with another character that I'm curious to see if she does a book about later.

Now back to the kindle to read some of the Jane Austen inspired books I got for xmas!

No comments: