Monday, November 21, 2011

Dangerous to Know (Lady Emily book 5)

by Tasha Alexander.

These ones are expensive and that's why I put off buying them but finally I had to find out what is going on with Lady Emily since there is ANOTHER one out already and I had missed this one. Then as I started reading this one I realized that I was DEFINITELY missing something so I looked it up and I had never bought or read book 4 of the series! Yikes. So I'm actually a few books behind since her 6th just came out. Suffice it to say the 'mystery' of the 4th was already ruined for me so I continued reading this one and then bought the 4th one (which was much cheaper!)

Lady Emily is recovering in France at her mother-in-laws estate when she happens upon a corpse of a woman who seems to have been killed in a similar manner as Jack-The-Ripper uses (but in France - so they call him the Normandy Ripper). Of course her husband Colin is involved in finding the murderer and so she becomes as well. This one deals a lot with her relationship with her husband and his wanting to protect her. They foreshadowed this in book 4 (which I'm now reading) but this is the first time he's limiting her in some way and it's very hard for her to deal with. I think it's great that she doesn't outright rebel (as another character in another book *ahem Lady Julia Grey* would have), instead she is smart and understands his concern but has a hard time accepting it and it affects their relationship emotionally which makes for some good reading.

All in all a great book and it definitely made me want to jump back to number 4 (which I did) to find out all I had missed. Not sure if I'll jump to book 6 just yet, maybe wait for the price to hopefully come down first.

No comments: