Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Lord Braybrook's Penniless Bride

by Elizabeth Rolls.

Turns out this is kind of a third in a series. Luckily I had read the first in the series so I recognized the characters when they were referenced and it was just in passing so it didn't affect anything.

After the first book (His Lady Mistress) I decided I liked the style and purchased a few more of her books on Kindle and I'm glad I did. This one was hard to put down and I read it within a 24 hour period. Makes me think twice about starting the other one I bought before bed tonight :)

This one revolved around a Lord who finds a woman in need of a job and hires her as a governess for his siblings and companion for his step-mother. Eventually (obviously) falling in love with her. There were lots of characters and complex relationships which made for a good read. It dealt a lot with bastard children (unclaimed) which was an interesting viewpoint and theme throughout.

All in all I definitely liked it and look forward to reading the "second" in the trilogy especially now that i know it's tightly linked to the first book (the main character's brother is the main character in the second).

No comments: