Sunday, April 4, 2010

Mine Till Midnight (Hathaways book 1)

by Lisa Kleypas.

I got this one as a deal on audible, new author to try. I picked it out because it's set in the Victorian age in England and it involves a little mystery/intrigue. I was thinking it might be like an Amanda Quick. I was close. It's actually like a cross between Amanda Quick and Deanna Raybourn. A little heavy on the passion/romance side but the story was interesting and the characters very likable. This is good because it's a series :)

This first book details the budding romance between Amelia Hathaway (the oldest sister) and Cam Rohan (a half-Gypsy). There's a lot of drama in the book outside of their romance which keeps the book quite interesting and I was swept right up. Even as an audiobook I listened to it after getting home a couple of nights because I "couldn't put it down".

It doesn't rate up as high as my favorite Deanna Raybourn books do (I won't read it over again) but it was highly enjoyable and I look forward to the next in the series although I doubt it can stand up to this one.

No comments: