Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Night Fire

by Catherine Coulter.

A trilogy, given to me by my mom that I decided would be light enough for the honeymoon and I was right. Night Fire was the best of the trilogy, the main character is quite flawed having been beaten and abused horribly by her first husband. There are parts of this book (and parts of all of CC's books) that bother me a bit, she doesn't have the same views on relationships and female/male roles as Amanda Quick does, the male characters are much more dominant which I'm not such a fan of. Amanda Quick allows her female characters to be independent and the male characters embrace that independence, in Catherine Coulter's books the independence is finally "accepted" but never embraced and if accepted it is not easily accepted. Very old fashioned views of possession too.

But the book dealt with the abuse and the recovery well and ended up with a strong story I was happy to follow along too. It was a great lead in to the next book as well.

No comments: