Friday, October 21, 2011

The Dark Enquire (Lady Julia Brisbane book 5)

by Deanna Raybourne.

So much better than book 4!  Lady Julia and Brisbane have settled back in England and into more of a routine where Julia is attempting to help with Brisbane's private enquiry business.  This does not mean she stays out of trouble and follows the rules but they are more open with each other than in book 4 and it's a delight to see.  They still have their fights and misunderstandings but they think about each other more and it shows.

We got to see more into the Roma world that Brisbane comes from as well and that was a delight.  This remains a favorite series of mine but books 1-3 will always be my very favorite, I will probably not re-read the rest of them (not 4 and 5 anyway) as I will the first 3.  They're almost stand alone but I look forward to the next even though I know it will be a while.
Deanna is working on another standalone novel that I am really looking forward to (loved her first - the dead travel fast) and hopefully after that she'll write the next Lady Julia!

No comments: