Friday, April 8, 2011

Book Catch Up

I've been reading a lot since the last time I posted, I don't even remember it all but this is what I remember...

Jeanine Frost:
- Eternal Kiss of Darkness (Night Huntress World)
This book covers the love story of Mencheres who we finally get to learn about, and Kira, a new character. I really enjoyed this one, this whole series really and it's great that I read them in order because both of these offshoot books came before the new Bones/Cat book.
- Halfway to the Grave (book 1)
Re-read - probably my favorite of the series!
- One Foot in the Grave (book 2)
Re-read, not my favorite but probably my second favorite.
- At Grave's End (book 3)
Re-read
- Destined for an Early Grave (book 4)
Re-read - probably my least favorite of the books, and i had read it but forgotten pretty much everything about it. Since it's referenced by the off-shoot books this threw me off a bit.
- This Side of the Grave (book 5, or night huntress world book 7)
A new book, not the best in the series but good. It ties a lot of stuff up which is nice and we get to see some of the new characters we got to know in the off-shoot books (Kira again for example).

After reading that series again (which included some audiobooks, then picking it up in paperback to read faster). I started the new Walker Papers book by C.E. Murphy but paused halfway through to start The Host by Stephenie Meyer and I'm still listening to that.

Then on the Kindle I read:
The Silent Governess by Julie Klassen
This was a serious favorite. I really like Klassen's books, they have so much to them. No disappointments in this one at all, although it was a bit more predictable than her first couple of books. I'm looking forward to starting her new one soon.

And finally I'm reading Suddenly You by Lisa Kleypas on the Kindle now. I think that's it. I'll follow up once I finish some of the current ones I have going.

No comments: