Thursday, September 23, 2010

House Rules

by Jodi Piccoult.

This book is about a family, a single Mother Ella who has two sons Jacob and Theo. Jacob has Aspergers and is obsessed with crime scene investigation. When his social skills tutor ends up dead and missing and eventually found he gets tried for her murder.

Like all of her books this one is difficult to read, it's hard to read the truth when you don't want it to be that way. You also know a twist might be coming so you can't settle and relax, there are not always happy endings in real life. I can't read a lot of her books in order but once in a while I give them a try and then go back to my lighter reading.

This one didn't meet expectation, I learned a lot about Autism, specifically Aspergers but the mystery was disappointing and the ending even more so (and not for the reason I was thinking). I won't give more than that away because I'm glad I read it but don't think you'll feel totally contented in the end.

No comments: