Thursday, May 27, 2010

Anne of Green Gables (Anne book 1)

by Lucy Maud Montgomery.

After Tale of the Thunderbolt I wanted something light so I chose Anne. I never read this series as a kid but watched the made for tv mini-series/movies and loved them (Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea). So I was vaguely familiar with the story line and characters.

The book started out SO slowly, Anne is so young and BABBLEs about everything! But as she grows and develops so does the method of relaying the story and it ended up being just as enjoyable as I remember. I'm definitely looking forward to continuing this series either in audio format or in kindle or otherwise (free on kindle). I also would like to see the tv series again now.

I would love to share this series with cousins and nieces. It's such a great set of books. They have to be able to deal with death of a loved one since that happens at the end of the first book but it's handled well and honestly so I think it's a great learning about life type book.

No comments: