Friday, October 9, 2009

The River Knows (again)

by Amanda Quick.

Now that i've read all there is to read by Amanda Quick i miss them! So I'm going to re-read a few that I read over a year ago. This one was pretty much my favorite, it was my first by her that was not Arcane Society and it surely left an impression as being my favorite. I thoroughly enjoyed it the second time through knowing the characters a bit already!

One thing that kept bothering me was the mention of some side characters - Clement Corvus specifically and his female counterpart. I felt like they had a bigger part in a later book so I'll have to keep my eye out in case they come up again. I remember them so well and yet they have a pretty small part so I was mightily confused.

I'm also currently listening to Deanna Raybourne's Silent series again in audio form and there are strong similarities between Amanda Quick and the Silent series so I may have been pushing characters from one to the other.

Anyway - loved it the second time through enough to continue with the re-reads!

No comments: