Friday, September 18, 2009

Blue Dahlia (In the Garden book 1)

by Nora Roberts.

No mystery in this series - a bit of a ghost story which adds some interest but mostly I like this series because of the 3 strong female characters and their interactions with each other. It's the start of a family in book one and watching that family grow, plus I enjoy the garden references which I think will get stronger in book 2 since it's about Roz who owns the nursery. Book 1 is about Stella who has 2 young boys was widowed 4 years ago (the first few chapters were very rough living through that part of her life with her). She unexpectedly finds herself in love with a man who is the complete opposite of her but who loves her and her boys so what can she do :)

I look forward to reading the next 2 in the series but FIRST i HAVE to read the new Jayne Castle "Obsidian Prey" which is a Harmony/Arcane Society cross over and I've been waiting for it!

No comments: