Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Silent in the Grave

by Deanna Raybourn.

Wow this book was just awesome! I thoroughly enjoyed this one and couldn't wait to get on to the second! It's amazing that this is the author's first book, she's a great story teller and I absolutely fell in love with the characters. I'm kind of sad that it's only going to be a trilogy but I can't wait for the third to come out (not until next March I fear).

This book is set in the Victorian age, it's a murder mystery where the main character is recently widowed and after finally realizing her husband was murdered and not just dead of natural causes, she investigates with the help of the investigator her husband originally hired. It is quick paced and mysterious and just very satisfying!

On to Silent in the Sanctuary the evening I finished this one :) Unfortunately it's a different reader but now that I'm almost done with the second I'm not noticing the difference any longer.

No comments: